Health: Because our products are made using natural, organic materials and botanical dyes, they are free from many of the harmful chemicals (including pesticides, herbicides, and heavy metals) that are used in the production of synthetically constructed or dyed materials and conventionally grown natural fibers.
Transparency: We believe in transparency and accountability, which is why we keep an updated list of Our Partners (manufacturers, mills, dyers, photographers, models, and more) on our website.
Working Conditions and Wages: We believe that all workers deserve ethical treatment and living wages, which is why we support the International Labour Organization’s “Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work,” for ourselves and our partners, including, but not limited to:
In addition, we prioritize partnering with small, local, U.S.-based businesses that pay their employees at least the minimum wage (and often above it) and those that have Fair Trade, GOTS, and OEKO-TEX certifications. We vet all of our vendors through screening calls, emails, and/or in-person meetings in which we ask directly about their labor practices and request copies of certifications when relevant/available. Specifically, this means working with businesses such as:
We believe in materials and practices that have as low of an environmental impact as possible.
Fabrics, Trims, and Thread: For ALL WE REMEMBER, we use only natural, organic, and plant-based materials that are fully biodegradable and industrially compostable. 100% of our fabrics are made from certified or GOTS certified organic cotton. 90% of our threads and trims are made from GOTS certified organic cotton (the other 10% are made from undyed conventional cotton). 100% of our dyed products are crafted using natural, botanical dyes. In addition, we use the following materials in the production of our garments:
Currently, the only element of our packaging and shipping materials that is made using synthetics is a removable plastic strip on our biodegradable mailers.
Shipping: We partner with Shopify Planet to ensure that all deliveries are carbon neutral.
Traceability: While we strive to use only 100% traceable materials one day, we do not yet have direct relationships with all of the farms that supply organic cotton to our fabric, trim, and thread manufacturers. Currently, the certified organic cotton and GOTS certified organic cotton that our suppliers use comes from China, India, Pakistan, and the USA.
Waste: We work to minimize waste throughout all stages of our production process and beyond, which means:
We believe in the worth and intelligence of all living beings. Our current garments and accessories are plant-based and made without animal products, making them fully biodegradable, industrially compostable, vegan, and cruelty-free.
While our current products are made using organic cotton or from upcycled vintage garments, we are also open to using other new and upcycled natural materials such as mycelium (mushroom) leather, hemp, linen, and cruelty free wool.